Point of View - Olivia
I was indeed only three years old when my beloved father announced to our family that we had a half-sister living in China. Kwan was her name. It was a lot to digest, and at first, I thought greeting a new member of the family would make me feel neglected and Mom would somehow forget about me since she has a brand-new daughter and a new boyfriend named Jaime Jofré.
I’m now addressing this today, talking from my present self. I cohabited long enough with Kwan, my half-crazy half-sister, to know that she can be sweet, gentle, and caring, as much as naive, noisy, and sometimes dumb. She can’t even say my name properly, she calls me Libby-ah (my name is Olivia by the way). In addition to that, Kwan always sticks her nose in my things, particularly my and Simon’s business. I won’t lie, it gets on my nerves. She insists that we are meant to be together and that, even if we broke up, our paths are supposed to meet again, but it’s not her business. Do not get me wrong, I still really appreciate her since she’s part of the family, but she acts and does marginal stuff. Has anyone ever told you about hearing and seeing ghosts? If not, I’ll present Kwan to you. Don’t tell anyone, because she made me promise to keep it secret, but Kwan claims that she has “yin-eyes”. In fact, she is the kind of person that talks about her ghost friends all day long and can predict if a person is sick or not, just by his appearance. Sometimes, I even wonder and ask myself if she’s a witch, a good one, for sure. However, a part of me tells me that Kwan is not totally wrong. I know it may sound weird, but one day, when I was younger, I saw a ghost too, a little Chinese girl sitting on Kwan’s bed. She asked to see my barbie and finally stole her feather boa. I have never found it to this day, but all I can think of is how can an imaginative person is able to steal something real and make it vanish…
I love how you were able to put yourself in Olivia's shoes, Rosalie! You were really in character. As I was reading your blog post, I felt like I was reading part of the book; that was quite skillful of you!
RépondreSupprimerElements to improve:
- verb tense: I cohabit long enough
- sticks her nose in me (you might want to reformulate that part, it sounds odd)
- typo: business1
- verb tense form (told): Did someone ever told you
- Verb tense: I never found it to this day
This comment is addressed to Olivia :
RépondreSupprimerI know I'm intruding, but maybe you could try and start a business with your sister and her power. It is weird but it could make you two start to like each other by working together. The idea is to make your sister talk to dead people whom are relatives to other people. These people could pay for that service and you and your sister could get rich. Anyway it's a proposition.
Your blog is well structured and written! I love how you were able to deeply explore the difficult relationship between both sisters. You blog also perfectly describes the sisterhood between Kwan and Olivia. It is easy to read and captivates the readers' attention. Well done!
RépondreSupprimerI enjoyed reading your blog post, especially because of your excellent use of enriched vocabulary. I also think that you succeeded in representing a realistic relationship between two sisters. Good job !
RépondreSupprimer